Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nourishment

It's been three weeks and I have made a few observations I wish to share.
Observation #1: I have always been the active type. Running, walking, lifting, etc. However, the stress of the "unknown" has resulted in an immediate need to eat my way through those crucial weeks. That is going to stop now. It's time to get with the program. Back to running and biking. Daily. For as long as the weather holds out.
Observation #2: the pure discipline needed to sit and read for hours on end is staggering. Razor focus I crave, and flights of occasional concentration is what I have. Yesterday in the library was the first time I was really able to zone out and study meaningfully. Before that it has been a challenge. Is it time for another cup of coffee? Will it be OK if i go to two pots a day? Is this third diet Coke going to push me over the edge into early Alzheimer's?

Tonight I lead the discussion on Galileo and Courage in Science. My presentation is complete, and I just need to study and memorize some of the details. Galileo, faithful Copernicus follower skirting ever close to Vatican wrath for heresy, ushered in the scientific age of Mechanism where empirical observation and measurement reigned supreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment